6 BITSAT Slot Booking Dates 2020
9 Rules ®ulations of BITSAT
11 Important dates and deadlines
BITSAT – BITS Admission Test is a computer based exam conducted for admissions to Various First Degree Integrated Courses for Pilani, Chennai & Hyderabad campuses. BITS, Birla Institute of Technology & Sciences Pilani is a recognized Deemed University by MHRD, Government of India with its World Class Campuses, Great Alumni & Celebrated History. BITSAT is a prestigious entrance exam that is conducted for students appearing for & who have completed their 12th class in State & Central Board.
Birla Institute of Technology and Science was incepted as an Institute with Dr. G. D. Birla as Founder & Chairman.
2.Details of BITSAT -2020
‘Computer Based Online Test’ means the candidate sits in front of a computer and the questions are presented on the computer monitor. The candidate answers the questions on the computer through the use of keyboard or mouse. Each computer is connected to a server, which prepares the question set and delivers it to the candidate on the computer. This is unlike the traditional paper pencil based test, which is generally offered on a single day to all candidates. BITSAT-2020 will be conducted over a period of time and the candidate can choose the Center, the Day and Time of his/her convenience to take the test.
• The candidate sits in front of a computer and the questions are presented on the monitor and the candidate submits his answers through the use of key board or mouse.
• The computer is connected to the server, which delivers the test, in real time through a reliable connectivity.
• The online tests are conducted at several centers in India, during May-June every year.
• Candidate can choose the center, the date and time for the test, as per his/her convenience, while applying for the tests
• The advertisement calling for BITSAT applications are normally released in December every year.
• The score is made available to the candidate on the screen immediately after the test and thus is designed to be transparent. Students can even take a printout of their scores next day of their test date from the website for any further usage.
• The test is so designed that it doesn’t require the candidate to have any special computer skill.
• A sample test will be made available to the registered candidates at the BITS admission Website on which he/she can practice as many times as desired during March-April every year.
• In BITSAT, the questions are selected at random from a large question bank. Different candidates will get different question sets, but of same difficulty level and content.
• BITSAT uses latest technologies for security and test delivery. The architecture uses high end servers, firewalls and latest software.
4.BITSAT 2020 Application fee
It is mandatory to pay BITSAT 2020 application fee. It is as follows
|Male/Female candidates opting for Dubai exam center||US $90 (Rs. 6300/-)|
Mode of Payment: The aspirants can pay the above-given amount of Application Fee by either of the following modes:
- Net Banking, Debit Card or Credit Card
- Pay slips at ICICI Bank
5.Slot Booking for Admit Card
BITS PILANI allows only the candidates with Slot Booking & Admit Card for appearing BITSAT Exam. This Slot booking procedure has to be done using Online Test Booking System (OTBS) which provides Admit card to the students. BITS Exam Authority will provide Admit card only to students who have applied for BITSAT exam within due date but missed the slot booking.
Slot Booking Procedure:
Step 1 – Open the BITS admission portal @ bitsadmission.com
Step 2 – Click on the BITSAT slot booking link
Step 3 – New window of “Online Test Booking System” (OTBS) will open
Step 4 – Login using application number and password
Step 5 – Students will see the test city allotted to them in OTBS
Step 6 – Select the test date from the list of available choices
Step 7 – Select test venue and timing of exam
Step 8 – Verify all the information submitted by you
Step 9 – Click on the confirm button to book the slot
Step 10 – Students will receive the confirmation message for successful slot booking
Step 11 – Students will be issued admit card for appearing in exam after slot booking
Step 12 – Download the admit card and take a print
6.BITSAT Slot Booking Dates 2020
BITSAT admit card will mention all the information related to exam city, address of exam
|BITSAT Slot Booking starts||April 10, 2020|
|BITSAT Slot Booking ends||April 18, 2020|
|Download of BITSAT admit card||April 20 to May 12, 2020|
|BITSAT 2020 exam||May 16 to 25, 2020|
venue, slot of exam, candidates application number, photograph and paper details for which appearing. Candidates are advised to carry good quality colored print of BITSAT admit card 2020 to the exam centre for appearing in the exam.
7.BITSAT-2020 Test Format
BITSAT-2020 will be of total 3-hour duration (without break).
The test consists of four parts:
Part I : Physics
Part II : Chemistry
Part III : (a) English Proficiency and (b) Logical Reasoning
Part IV : Mathematics
Subjects wise Questions:
Question type – Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ). All the questions are prepared as per NCERT standards. All the questions and instructions of the test will be in English only.
|Subject||No of questions:|
|Part I Physics||40|
|Part II Chemistry||40|
|Part III (a) English Proficiency||15|
|(b) Logical Reasoning||10|
|Part IV Mathematics||5|
| Marks -Correct Answer
|Total Marks:||450 Marks|
No marks are awarded for questions not attempted. While the candidate can skip a question, the computer will not allow the candidate to choose more than one option as correct answer. There will be 150 questions in all.
8.Time limit & Extra questions
Time Limit & Extra questions:
- There is no time limit for individual parts of the test.
- The candidate can go back and change any of his/her answers among the 150 questions.
- The student will have to answer 150 questions in 180 minutes – 3 hrs.
- Number of Extra questions – 12
If the student has finished answering all 150 questions (without skipping any questions) & left with time, he can go for attempting 12 extra questions. These extra 12 questions will be from Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics only- 4 questions from each subject. The extra questions (a maximum of 12) will give a chance to highly meritorious candidates to score higher. However the candidate once opted to answer extra 12 questions, he/she can not go back to correct any of the 150 answers he did earlier.
However, candidates should keep in mind the fact that there is negative marking for wrong answers and any attempt to answer the questions by pure guessing of the answers is not likely to have any advantage, but may result in a reduction in the total score. The questions will be selected at random from a large question bank. Different candidates will get different question sets. An expert committee will ensure that the question sets are of comparable difficulty level, content, question type etc. In this matter, the decision of the expert committee will be final and binding on the candidate.
9.Rules & Regulations of BITSAT
- Candidates should bring a pen for the purpose of rough work, signing etc.
- Blank sheets for rough work will be provided, if required.
- Calculators and logarithmic tables are not allowed in the test centers.
- Candidates are not allowed to bring any other personal belongings such as mobiles.
- Each candidate who registers for BITSAT-2020 will be instructed to download a ‘Hall Ticket’. Candidates with the hall ticket only will be allowed inside the Test centers.
- All centers are closely monitored for security reasons and candidates’ identity and activities will be recorded using web cameras and/or closed circuit TV cameras fitted in the test centers.
- Candidate’s finger print and photograph will be taken at the time of the test (BITSAT-2020) and will be matched at the time of admission at particular BITS campus. Anyone violating the rules of the test center will not be allowed to continue with the test and will automatically be disqualified.
10.Syllabus & Test centers
The BITSAT-2020 test will be conducted on the basis of NCERT syllabus for 11th and 12th class. The detailed syllabus is given in the Annexure. Candidates may refer to the NCERT textbooks for the contents. A sample test demonstrating the features of BITSAT-2020 will be made available to the registered candidates at the BITS admission website on which he/she can practice as many times as desired.
Test Centers for BITSAT-2020: In order to facilitate a large number of students all over India to participate in BITSAT-2020, apart from Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad campuses of BITS where it is expected that a large number of students will take the test, the Institute is also planning to offer the tests at dedicated test centers in several other cities.
- Candidates who are allotted test centers in Pilani/Goa/Hyderabad campuses of BITS may be given accommodation on nominal charges in hostels. A request in this regard should be sent to the contact mail id. The candidate must fully obey the rules of the test centers; otherwise, he/she will be automatically debarred from the test.
- The preferences that a student gives are only indicative and are to guide the Institute for deciding the number of centers. The Institute cannot guarantee that you will get your first preference. Further, if the Institute is unable to allot any center of your choice, you will be allotted a center either at Pilani or at Goa or at Hyderabad campuses of BITS.
- The exact center where you will be appearing for the test will be announced at BITS admission website www.bitsadmission.com. However, the Institute will try to accommodate all female candidates at their first preference of test centers.
- There are around 40 planned test centers in India & Dubai. However, the number of centers may increase depending on the number of applications received for the test.
- Each day the exam will be conducted in two slots. The first slot will be from 9.00 am till 12.00 noon and the second slot will be from 2.00 pm till 5.00 pm. A candidate can choose anyone out of these two slots based on the availability.
11.Important dates & deadlines
- Deadline to apply online for BITSAT-2020 : 31th March 2020 (5.00pm)
- Revision/editing (online) in the application form by candidates : 1 st – 6 th April 2020
- Test center allotment and announcement to candidates : 9 th April 2020
- Candidates to reserve Test date and slot : 10th April – 18 th April 2020
- Candidates to download the Hall tickets with instructions : 20 th April – 12 th May 2020
- BITSAT Online tests : 16th May – 25th May 2020
- Apply for admission with 12th marksand Preferences : 18 th May – 18th June 2020
- *Admit list and Wait list announcement (Iteration 1) : 20th June 2020
- Dates and No. of days may vary from center to center
- Interested candidates should register their names for BITSAT-2020 by applying in the prescribed application form online. A candidate has to complete the application form online at http://www.bitsadmission.com and pay the prescribed fees.
- Those who register for the test and reserve test dates have to download the ‘Hall ticket’, along with instructions, from BITS admission website as per the schedule given earlier. The tests will be conducted during 16th May – 25th May 2020.
- All candidates can apply online only once for BITSAT-2020. However, if a candidate completes the application form along with fee but discovers any mistake in the form submitted by him/her, he/she can edit the required fields in the online application during 1st April – 6th April 2020.
- No Email queries regarding corrections will be entertained for security and privacy reasons. Candidate has to go online and make changes to his or her application during this period. No further corrections in the application are allowed after 7thApril 2020.
12.BITSAT score report
At the completion of the test, the computer will announce the result to the candidate in terms of number of total correct answers and wrong answers, with the score. The candidate can also check his or her score report at the BITS admission website on the next day of his or her test date. The candidate can also take a printout of his or her score report for any further usage. No student will be allowed to repeat the test in the same year.
BITSAT conducted six rounds of counselling and seat allotment for admission in various courses offered by the institute.
Merit List for Admission:
A candidate who appears in BITSAT-2020 is eligible for admission only if he/she gets the required minimum marks in the Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects of 12th examination as per the eligibility criteria described already.
All candidates who appear in BITSAT-2020 and are interested in admission will be required to submit Admission application form with 12th marks and preferences to different degree programmes offered at Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad campuses, starting from 18th May 2020 till 18th June 2020.
Admission decisions (Iteration 1 results) will be announced on 20th June 2020. Further details about different iterations will be announced on the admission website.
The merit position of such eligible candidates (i.e., those who have appeared in BITSAT- 2020 and who have submitted the application for admission in the prescribed form with 12th marks, preferences and the required fees) will be prepared on the basis of their scores in BITSAT-2020.