Manipal University is an International deemed university based in the state of Karnataka. The university was established in 1953 when founder, T.M.A Pai founded the Kasturba Medical College in Manipal. Soon after, an engineering school was also opened in 1958. After 32 years in operation, these colleges were collectively granted University status in the year 1985. Continuing the legacy, in 2007, the university was rebranded as Manipal University. Presently, the university offers degree courses in Engineering, Management, Law and research at 7 of its sister campuses. As of 2016, MU is one of India’s biggest universities in terms of area & courses offered. MU-OET is a single stop University level Under Graduate entrance exam which offers almost 2000 seats every year into its varied B Tech courses in Aeronautical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Electronics & Instrumental Engineering, and Media Technology and so on. This MU-OET Engineering Entrance examination provides admission to candidates into the Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT).
Apart from the main campus at Manipal, the university also has 7 sister campuses. These campuses are located at:
2.Salient Features of MU-OET
|Exam Name||MU-OET (MET)|
|Organizing Body||Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE)|
|Admission for Universities||B.Tech admission into Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal, Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology, Sikkim and Manipal University Jaipur.|
|Mode of Examination||Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Number Of attempts allowed||2 times|
|Number of students applying||Over 2 lakhs a year|
|Exam Centers||India – 80, Foreign -1|
- Age Limit – There is no minimum age limit.
- Academic Qualification – Candidates should have completed 10+2 (or equivalent examination) or A level or IB or American 12th grade. Physics, Mathematics and English should have been studied as compulsory subjects along with the options subjects.
- Marks Required – At least 50% marks in Physics, Mathematics and any of the optional subjects (Chemistry, Biotechnology, Biology or any technical vocational subject) should have been secured by the candidates.
- MET – To qualify MET 2020, the candidates are required to secure minimum 50% marks.
4.Requirements for Applying
Students are advised to keep ready the following items before they start filling the application form of MET
- Valid email address
- Valid mobile number
- Scanned image of the candidate’s photograph and signature
- Academic details – 10th Class Mark list
- Debit card / Credit Card
- Net banking details
|Subjects||Number of questions|
- No Negative marks for wrong answers will given in the exam.
- Each correct answer is awarded with 1 mark.
6.Important Dates of MET 2020
|1||Release of application form||October 5, 2019|
|2||Last date to submit MET 2020 application form||March 15, 2020|
|3||Commencement of online slot booking for 1st and 2nd attempt||April 6 to 10, 2020|
|4||Availability of hall ticket for 1st and 2nd attempt||April 6 to 10, 2020|
|5||MET 2020 Exam (1st and 2nd attempt)||April 17 to 26, 2020|
|6||Release of score card||To be notified|
|7||Declaration of result||April 30, 2020|
|8||Availability of merit/rank list||First week of May 2020|
|9||MET 2020 Counselling (Round 1-5)||May 11 to July 2nd week, 2020|
|10||Commencement of Classes||July 15, 2020|
7.How to Fill MET Application Form 2020
Students are provided below the steps involved in filling the application form of MET 2020. Students are advised to fill all the information carefully as the details once filled in the application form will not be allowed for modification.
The following steps are involved in filling the MU OET application form 2020.
- Filling of Application Form
- Course Selection
- Correction of Information
- Payment of Application Fees
- Uploading Documents
- Submission of Application Form
|Particulars||Fee (in Rs.)|
|Application Fee||Rs. 600 (for all courses)|
|Examination Fee||Rs. 1400 (for selected courses)|
|Total||Rs. 2000 – General Category
Rs. 2500 – International /NRI
The required fee has to be paid by the candidates through online mode (net banking/credit card/debit card/cash cards/PayTM/mobile wallets). The fee can also be deposited in the bank as per the following details:
- Name of Bank – Standard Chartered Bank
- Beneficiary Account Number (INR account) – 45505010551
- IFSC Code – SCBL0036073
After the results have been announced the Manipal University starts counseling students in 5 sessions to choose their colleges. Candidate will have to select the counseling centers from the given list at the time of Online Slot Booking by paying the Admission fee. Manipal University would allow candidates only with their admit card for Counselling.
Required Documents for admissions:
- Admit Card
- 10th standard mark sheet.
- 12th standard mark sheet.
- Character certificate obtained on the School/College letterhead.
- Transfer certificate or School/College Leaving Certificate issued by the School/College.
- Two recent and identical passport size photographs.
- Fees: As applicable for the programme
- Copy of PAN card of the parent
- Aadhar card of the candidate.
- Authorization letter if the representative is attending on behalf of a candidate.
- One set of self-attested photocopies of all the above documents.