Symbiosis Institute of Technology holds the status of Prestigious Symbiosis International (Deemed University) dedicated to provide quality education to students with world class infrastructure. The institute has around 15 constituent Institutes / Departments, across the cities of Pune, Noida, Hyderabad & Nagpur, offer 21 undergraduate programmers. SIT has been serving for four decades striving for their Holistic development with globally acclaimed faculty.
Symbiosis International is a multi-campus Higher Education private Institute with its Headquarters in Pune. The university has 43 institutions in 10 major campuses in various cities in India. Symbiosis International is established by S B Maunder in 1971 with the main Motto as “Vasudhika Kutumbakam “– Meaning “The world is one family.” The first institution which belonged to Symbiosis Society was established as affiliation to the University of Pune. The ministry of Human Resources Department in 2002 conferred the status of Deemed to be University to the Symbiosis International University, a group of three institutions which include Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies & Research, Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM) and Symbiosis Society of Law College.
SIU was established under Section 3 of UGC Act, 1956 vide notification No.F.9.12/2001 U.3 of the Govt. of India in the year 2002. The organization gets its name “Symbiosis” with this particular thought of establishing good educational environment for both Indians & foreigners.
|Exam Conducting body||Symbiosis Institute of Technology|
|Frequency of exam||Once a year|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Language of Exam||English|
|Mode of Counselling||Online|
|Exam Duration||150 Minutes /2.30 Hrs|
|Participating Colleges||Symbiosis Institute of Technology (SIT), Pune|
|Mode of payment||Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card | Demand Draft|
|Number of attempts||No limit on number of attempts|
|Age Limit||No Age limit|
|Nationality||Indian/Foreign/ NRI/PIO/OCI holder|
|Qualifying Exam||10+2 / Inter mediate/ Diploma/|
|Minimum Marks||45 % for General
40% for SC / ST
3.1 Candidates must have completed or appearing the following exams are eligible for SITEEE exam
- Intermediate or 2-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/University.
- The student must have cleared 10+2 or any equivalent examination from a recognized board with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with any of the Chemistry/Biology/Biotechnology/Technical Vocational subject with a minimum of 45% marks (40% in case of SC/ST).
- Cleared Diploma examination from an AICTE approved institution with minimum 45% marks (40% marks in case of SC/ST) in appropriate branch of engineering.
- A student who completed qualifying education from any Foreign Board or University, he/she must obtain an equivalence certificate from AIU (Association of Indian Universities).
4.Documents required for SITEEE exam
The documents required for filling up the SITEEE application form are as follows:
- Softcopy or scanned copy of recently taken passport size colour.
- The size of the photograph should be between 50 KB – 100 KB and dimensions- 3.5 cm * 4.5 cm.
- Soft copy of candidate’s 10th class mark list.
- Soft copy or scanned copy of the signature of the candidate with 20 KB – 50 KB with dimensions of 3.5 cm * 1.5 cm in JPG/JPEG format.
- SC/ST Candidates will have to submit their caste certificates which allow them a 10% of concession in marks eligibility criteria which would be 50% in 10+2 Exams.
- Soft copy of valid passport of any Foreign National.
Note: It is mandatory that candidates and parents have to sign an undertaking at the time of admission, the format for which will be issued by the admissions office.
- All Questions will be of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)
- The SITEEE is Computer Based Test (CBT)
- The aptitude section in SITEEE will be in addition to subjects Maths, Physics & Chemistry.
- No negative Marking for wrong answers.
- Each correct answer will be given 2 marks.
- The time limit would be 150 Minutes or 2:30 hrs.
- It will be conducted in two sessions, i.e.
Morning Session: 9:30 am to 12.00 noon (Reporting time: 07:30am)
Afternoon Session: 2.30 pm to 5.00 pm (Reporting time: 12:30pm)
The number of questions for the respective sections in SITEEE will be
SITEEE is conducted in around 80 centers all over India. No foreign centers are allocated for the foreign candidates.
7.Exam fee payment
A candidate may apply either one test from morning / afternoon session or two tests, one from morning and one from afternoon session.
The entrance test fee for SITEEE is Rs. 2000/- (Non-refundable and non-transferable). The same includes the programme registration fee of the programme offered by Symbiosis Institute of Technology (SIT).
You have 4 choices of payment modes.
- Billdesk Payment Gateway.
- Easebuzz Payment Gateway
- Indian Bank Payment Gateway
- DEMAND DRAFT
8.Important Dates to Remember
|Events||Important Dates (Tentative)|
|Release of SITEEE application form||22 January 2020|
|Deadline to submit SITEEE application form||16 April 2020|
|Payment closing date||16 April 2020|
|Admit Cad||16th April 2020|
|SITEEE 2020||2nd May 2020|
|SITEEE Result announcement||12th May 2020|
|Counseling process and allotment of seats||Second week of June 2020 (SITEEE)
Third week of June 2020 (JEE/MHT CET)
|Beginning of classes||First week of July 2020|
- Visit the web site set-test.org
- Details once entered can be changed only until last date of Submission of application.
- Read the Instructions carefully and then click on the ‘I Agree’ button to accept the Terms and Conditions.
- Fill in the details requested on the page displayed.
- Click on “Save and Continue”. An OTP will be sent to the mobile number and email id that you have entered.
- Enter the ‘OTP’ and submit.
- After successful registration, you will get an email& SMS containing your SET 2020 ID and password on your completion click on “Save and Continue”.
- Now the Application will redirect to Payment page.
- Any candidate who fulfills all the eligibility criteria can apply for the exam in online mode / offline mode.
Filling up Application Form in Detail:
The steps to fill the online SITEEE 2020 Application Form are as follows:
1) Registration: Register at the official website to apply for SITEEE 2020 by entering Name, Date of Birth, Email ID and the Phone number. The details Email ID & Phone number entered once cannot be changed. The User ID and Password will be sent to the registered email ID of the candidates. The Offline application can be downloaded from the site to fill.
2) Login: Post receiving the login credentials, log in to their accounts to fill the SITEEE 2020 application form.
3) Filling the application form: Fill in all the mandatory details in SITEEE 2020 application form. The offline form has to be filled up in Black ink pen to write & HB pencil to circle. An incomplete application/ application filled in any language other than English will be rejected.
4) Uploading Scanned Documents: Upload the scanned copies of recent photograph and signature as per the required specifications Photo: 3.5 cm X 4.5 cm, 1 MB, Signature: 3.5 cm X 1.5 cm, 1 MB. In case of Offline application, recent photograph has to be attached.
5) Payment of Application Fee: Make the e-payment by net banking/credit/debit card. And take the printout of filled in SITEEE 2020 application form for further reference.
Get a demand draft from any Nationalized Bank in favor of “Symbiosis Test Secretariat” payable at Pune.
Choose the mode of Payment as ‘DD Payment’ in “Make Payment” Tab. Take a print of the payment advice form, fill in the DD Details, sign and send it along with the DD to the Symbiosis Test Secretariat only at,
Symbiosis Test Secretariat,
Symbiosis International (Deemed University)
Gram : Laval, Tal : Mulish
Dist : Pune- 412115
Phone : +91-20-28116226 / 28116227
The Symbiosis Test Secretariat will authenticate the receipt of your Demand Draft. Only after the payment is realized, would candidate be able to view his / her Admit card.
SITEEE offers admission to engineering students in various branches in SIT Pune campus only. Total of 420 seats are available for Engineering in Symbiosis University which can be acquired with good marks in SITEEE.
|Name of the branch||No. of Seats|
|Computer science Engineering||180|
|Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering||120|
SITEEE Seat Reservation:
SIT offers seat reservations to students who fall under special categories which include the following.
|Category||Percentage of Reservation|
|Differently Abled (DA)||3%|
|Children / Ward of Defence Personnel||5% – SLS Pune , SICSR|
|International Students ( Above Sanctioned Intake)||15%|
|Kashmiri Immigrants ( Above Sanctioned Intake)||2 Seats|
1. Does SITEEE have any centers out side India?
No. Over 80 centers are available with in India.
2. Can students with JEE & MHCET be eligible for admission in SIT?
Yes. Candidates have to register for the exam but need not write it.
3. Does SITEEE allow any reservations for Sports persons?
No. Only candidates will get reservation on caste basis, ability basis & Nationality basis.
4. Where can I check the result?
Candidates can check their results in the official website by entering their login credentials.
5. What is the cut off marks for SITEEE?
There’s nothing like Cut off marks for SITEEE. But the university announces Cut off for admission rounds. Candidates whose marks are below the cut off level can apply for waiting list.