Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) is a deemed university & a private higher education institute. VIT is given the status of Institution of Eminence in recognition of its excellence n research & academics. This rare distinction by Government of India encourages VIT to be ranked among the best universities of the world. VIT has its main campus in Vellore, Tamilnadu and the second campus in Chennai. The institution was founded in 1984 as Vellore Engineering College by G.Viswanathan which offers around 20 UG, 4 PG, 4 Integrated & 4 Research programs. The institute was established to provide higher education with International standards.
Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam VITEEE which is conducted in the months of April & May is the only entrance exam that allows students to get admitted in to Engineering course in VIT. VITEEE is the common entrance exam required for admissions for VIT Vellore, VIT Chennai, VIT-AP and VIT- Bhopal. The exam tests students on their knowledge in Maths/Biology, Physics, Chemistry, English & Aptitude. The test consists of 125 multiple choice questions to be answered in 150 minutes i.e. 2:30 hrs. Selection is based on the ranks through offline counselling process at VIT Campuses. Eligible candidates may select specific Programme / Campus during counselling. Details are given in specific menus displayed under.
|Exam Conducting body||Vellore Institute of Technology|
|Frequency of exam||Once a year|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Mode of Application||Online / Offline|
|Language of Exam||English|
|Mode of Counselling||Offline|
|Exam Duration||150 Minutes /2.30 Hrs|
|Mode of payment||Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card | Demand Draft|
|Number of attempts||No limit on the number of attempts|
|Age Limit||Born on/after July 01,1998 i.e. more than 17 years|
|Nationality||Indian/ NRI/PIO/OCI holder|
|Qualifying Exam||10+2 / Intermediate|
|Minimum Marks||60% marks in Physics, Chemistry & Maths in + 2 ( or its equivalent)|
3.1 Candidates must have completed or appearing the following exams are eligible for VITEEE exam
Intermediate or 2-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/University.
High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Organisation, Geneva.
General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London/Cambridge/Srilanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling) candidates are also eligible to apply. They should submit the Migration-Cum-Transfer Certificate at the time of admission
3.2 VITEEE Eligibility Criteria 2020
1.The documents required for filling up the VITEEE application form are as follows:
- Softcopy or scanned copy of recently taken passport size color photograph.
- The size of the photograph should be between 50 KB – 100 KB and dimensions- 3.5 cm * 4.5 cm.
- Soft copy of the candidate’s 10th class mark list.
- Soft copy or scanned copy of the signature of the candidate with 20 KB – 50 KB with dimensions of 3.5 cm * 1.5 cm in JPG/JPEG format.
- SC/ST Candidates will have to submit their caste certificates which allow them a 10% of concession in marks eligibility criteria which would be 50% in 10+2 Exams. Soft copy of Valid passport of any Foreign National.
2. It is important to fulfill the VITEEE Eligibility Criteria 2020 to be eligible for admission.
3. In case of any discrepancy, while scrutinizing the documents, the candidature will be liable for cancellation.
4. If the application form is rejected, the refund of fee will be made as per the rules of VIT University.
Note: It is mandatory that candidates and parents have to sign an undertaking at the time of admission, the format for which will be issued by the admissions office.
4.Steps in VITEEE 2020 Admissions
- Appearance in VITEEE is mandatory for admission to undergraduate engineering programs.
- Candidates who have not appeared for the VITEEE are not eligible for admission.
- The admission will be purely on the basis of the ranks secured by the applicant in the VITEEE-2020.
- Applicants will be called for counselling based the ranks to designated counselling centers on a particular day. The applicant or authorized blood relative should appear in person with relevant documents in original for verification. Candidate will not be permitted to attend counselling more than once under any circumstances.
- A provisional admission letter will be issued based on the applicant’s choice of program and campus. No change of campus and change of branch will be entertained.
- Hostel facility may also be availed during counselling.
- VIT does not have any agent and all payments will be in demand draft or bank transfer only.
- All Questions will be of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)
- The VITEEE is Computer Based Test (CBT)
- The aptitude section in VITEEE will be in addition to subjects Maths or Biology, Physics, Chemistry and English.
- No negative Marking for wrong answers.
- The time limit would be 150 Minutes or 2:30 hrs.
- It will be conducted in three sessions, i.e.
|Session -1||9:30 AM to 11:30 AM|
|Session -2||12:30 PM to 3:00 PM|
|Session- 3||4 PM to 6:30 PM|
- Each question carries 1 mark & total 125 marks for 125 questions.
- VIT University uses equating methodology for calculating candidate’s marks.
- Candidates who score 118 and above marks will expectantly fall between 1- 250 rank ranges.
- Candidates with less than 31 marks will have an expected rank of 20,000 or below.
- The number of questions for the respective sections in VITEEE will be
|Maths or Biology||40|
- VITEEE is conducted in around 120 Exam centres in India & 4 Exam centres outside India. The 4 foreign centres are Dubai, Kuwait, Muscat & Qatar.
- Student can pick his/ her Exam Centre at the time of Slot Booking which will be provided on “First come first served basis”.
- Students will have to reach the exam centre before the exam time.
- Students have to carry their Original Photo ID along with their Admit Card
|VITEEE 2020 Event||VITEEE 2020 Dates|
|Availability of online/offline application forms||September 27|
|Last date to submit/send the application forms||February 29|
|Last date to edit application form||February 29|
|Commencement of VITEEE 2020 slot booking||Second week of March|
|Availability of VITEEE 2020 admit cards||First week of April|
|VITEEE 2020 exam||April13 to 19|
|VITEEE 2020 result||April 30|
|VITEEE 2020 Counselling||Second to third week of May|
|Classes at different campuses of VIT||Second week of July|
8. VITEEE 2020 Application Process
Mode of Application: Online and Offline
Vellore Institute of Technology has released VITEEE 2020 application form in both online and offline mode on September 27, 2019. Candidates can select their mode of application and all of the required details have to be filled accordingly. The candidates who have met the Eligibility criteria only have to apply for the exam after paying the Application fee & have to submit the application before the deadline.
Steps to Fill Online VITEEE 2020 Application Form
Registration – Firstly, the candidates will have to register using their name, date of birth, gender, nationality, mobile number and email id. The login password will be sent to the registered email id of the candidates.
Filling of Application Form – Next, candidate have to provide his / her personal, education, qualifying exam details and contact details. After the details are submitted, the application number will be generated.
Payment of Application Fee – The candidates have to pay the required application fee through net banking/credit card/debit card.
Uploading of Photograph and Signature – The scanned images of the candidate’s photograph and signature have to be uploaded according to the specifications mentioned by the authorities. After the uploading is done, the candidates have to submit their application form.
Steps to fill Offline VITEEE 2020 Application Form
Candidates will be able to access the offline application form of VITEEE 2020 from the various campuses and post offices. Payment of the application fee has to be done in the form of demand draft drawn in favour of VIT University payable at Vellore. The application form will be given only after the payment is done. Black ballpoint pen and capital letters has to be used to fill the application form since it will be machine processed. Pencil should be used to shade the circles to correspond with the code/appropriate alphabet/numeral that the candidates want to enter. All of the required details have to be provided and a passport size photograph has to be pasted at the provided space. The filled VITEEE 2020 application form has to be sent through speed post or registered post to the address – Director, UG Admissions, VIT, Vellore – 632 014.
Online Application Form – Rs. 1150
Offline Application Form – Rs. 1250
Application Fees for various Categories:
|OBC, General, ST, SC||PWD||Online||Female, Male||₹ 1150|
|OBC, General, ST, SC||PWD||Offline||Female, Male||₹ 1250|
|OBC, General, ST, SC||Online||Female, Male||₹ 1150|
|OBC, General, ST, SC||Offline||Female, Male||₹ 1250|
Application link: https://viteee.vit.ac.in/?utm_source=VIT&utm_campaign=viteee2020