Hyderabad Central University
Hyderabad Central University is a Public Research University established in 1974 in The Golden Threshold which was in the heart of Hyderabad City under the Act of Parliament. This place was donated by Sarojininaidu’s family for the University for its Operations & university was moved to its vast current 2500 Acres campus. Hyderabad University is the most sought university for higher studies & Doctoral programs. University slowly started establishing various schools like School of Humanities, Chemistry, Mathematics, Arts & Communications, etc.
The university has around 400+ Teaching staff, 1200 on- Teaching staff & 5000 students. These teaching staffs are very unique & talented people who have received many national & International awards for their services in respective subjects. The honors & awards include Shanti Swaroop Bhatnagar Award, Ramon Magsaysay Award, Alexander von Humboldt Fellowship, Padma Shri and Padma Bhushan Awards, etc. Most of them also have fellowships by various famous organizations. The Faculty regularly undertakes Teaching & Research Programs in India and abroad. They are on the editorial boards of many reputed journals and serve on important national committees and are members of official delegations of the Government. In the last three decades, the University Faculty has published more than 11,000 research works including 700 books, many of which have been acclaimed by the academic community and have proved useful for teaching and research programs.
In addition, the Human Resource Development Centre has been functioning on the University campus for capacity building of teachers in colleges and universities as part of the New Education Policy (1986). The Centre organizes orientation and refresher courses for college and university teachers within and outside the University.
Under the Study in India Programme (SIP):
The University offers international students, both short term and semester courses on various aspects of Indian Society – its heritage, history, social, cultural, economic and political aspects, and Indian languages, etc. This offers a unique multicultural learning opportunity to the students. In this regard, the University has Memoranda of Understanding with several American Universities that send students regularly for the program.
University Social Responsibility (USR):
The university does many activities to show its Social Responsibility towards the Society. These include
- Expanding Green Cover- By planting more plants
- Harvesting Solar energy – By establishing Solar Panels
- Digital Wellness Campaign- By monitoring Screen time of community
2.Awards, Accreditations& Rankings
- The Institute of Eminence was accredited in 2019.
- Grade – 1 Autonomy by University Grants Commission
- Best University of the Year 2015 & Visitor Award BY Honorable President of India
- University of Potential & Excellence award by UGC- MHRD
- 1 High Output High Impact university by National Information system for Science & Technology (NISSAT) of the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR), Govt. of India
- 1 Multi-Disciplinary University by SCOPUS
- 4th ranked best University in India by NIRF
- Accredited A+++++ by National Accrediting Agency Council (NAAC)
- Ranked between 591-600 range by QS World
- University has affiliations with UGC, AIU, ACU, AICTE & NAAC
The University was first established in “The Golden Threshold” but later shifted to 2500 Acre Campus which is on Mumbai National Highway in Gachibowli, Hyderabad. The Threshold area which was donated by Sarojini Naidu family was later converted into Sarojini Naidu’s Arts & Communication School. The university has a library that is named after Indira Gandhi Memorial Library established 1988 in 1.3 acres of land. The University has 21 hostels for the students out of which 13 are for men & 8 for women & it also has a separate hostel (The Tagore International House) for International Students. The campus also has 2 shopping complexes one on North & another one on South. The campus also houses 7 canteens, the Students Centre Canteen, Goodwill Canteen, SN school canteen, F canteen, School of Chemistry canteen, Admin canteen, and School of Life Sciences canteen. The University has 4 multipurpose auditoriums within the campus, out of which The DST Auditorium is the largest with 700 seating capacity.
The university has a special Health care system which includes a hospital Serving 24X 7 with X- ray, Laboratory, Pharmacy& Ambulance facilities etc. The campus has Central Instrumentation Laboratory established in the campus in 1979. The campus also houses a separate Post office & 3 ATMs for the benefit of students.
The campus life of students at University of Hyderabad would be an awesome experience. The University offers students the best world class infrastructure to the students. The university houses many student’s unions ASA, ABVP, SFI, NSUI etc which have separate elections & presidents elected for. Students have various cultural & academic events in the campus. Many Knight Cups are conducted which include Nari’s Knight Cricket Cup& Senthil Balraj Knight Cricket cups, Football, Basketball &Volley ball Knight Cups. Sukoon is the 3- Day Annual Cultural Festival usually held in March.
- Visitor: Shri Ramnath Kovind – Honorable President of India
- Chief Reactor: Dr. (Smt) Tamilisai Soundararajan – Telagana Governer
- Chancellor: Justice LN Reddy
- Vice-Chancellor- Prof Appa Rao P
- Pro-Vice Chancellor-1 – Prof. Arun Agarwal
- Pro vice-chancellor-2- Prof.B. Raja Sekhar
- Registrar- Sri P. Sardar Singh
- JRD Tata was the chancellor of the University in the period of 1991-1993.
The University of Hyderabad offers Integrated Post Graduate, Post Graduate, Doctoral & Research programs for the students. These courses are categorized into various departments & schools like
|School of Mathematics & Statistics||School of Computer & Information Sciences|
|School of Physics||School of Engineering Sciences & Technology|
|School of Chemistry||School of Management Studies|
|School of Life Sciences||School of Economics|
|School of Social Sciences||Sarojini Naidu School of Arts & Communications|
|School of Humanities||School of Medical Sciences|
7.Important Dates to Remember
|Strat of UOH Online Application||1st week of April|
|Close of UOH online Application||4th week of May|
|Entrance exam||1st week of June|
|Final Result||3rd week of June|
|CSAB Application||1st -3rd week July|
|Seat Allotment Round1 &2||3rd – 5th week July|
|Spot allotment Round||2nd week August|
|Reporting to Allotted Institutes||2nd week August|
|Commencement of Classes||3rd week August|
- Application has to be filled Online
- The application fee also have to be paid online through Online Payment Gateway / SBI/ ICICI Online Accounts.
- Application fee details
- Candidates must have a scanned copy of their photographs with size (50 KB) & their Signature scanned with size (20 KB).
- All SC/ST/OBC/EWS candidates have to submit their caste certificates.
- Candidates are required to have a valid personal e-mail ID and mobile number. It should be kept active till the completion of the course if admission is granted. In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he/she should create a new e-mail ID before applying online.
- A separate application along with application fee is required to be submitted for each course online.
- Candidates should retain their Application Number for further reference safely.
- The list of shortlisted candidates will be posted on the University Websites only as per the given schedule. No individual communication will be sent to the candidates.
10.Distance Education Programmes
The Centre is one of the oldest centers of the University of Hyderabad which was officially established in the year 1994, based upon the directions received from the UGC and MHRD. The Centre initially started with two diplomae, programs. Presently it is offering sixteen One year Post Graduate Diploma Programmes, which are employable, knowledge-oriented, and skill developing programs. These distance programs are also approved by the UGC-AICTE-DEC joint committee.
The University offers admission to students through a special entrance exam which it conducts in the month of May every year. This exam is conducted for the Integrated Master of Arts & Integrated Master of Sciences. However, the rest of the courses have various other criteria to get admission into the University. Integrated M Tech Courses are offered based on their CSAB ranking & IIT JEE ranking. CSAB stands for the Central Seat Allocating Board which considers the rank of the candidates in IITJEE Mains as the main criteria for allotting the seats.
Admission to Integrated M Tech is given as per JOSAA/CSAB guidelines, the candidate should satisfy at least one of these two criteria:
1) The candidate is within the category-wise top 20 percentile of successful candidates in their respective Class XII (or equivalent) examination of the respective stream and Board.
2) The candidate has secured a minimum of 75% (for GEN or OBC-NCL) or a minimum of 65% (for SC, ST, or PWD) of aggregate marks in Class XII (or equivalent) examination of the respective stream and Board.
CSAB – Central Seat Allocation Board will be conducting CSAB to provide admissions into the participating institutes (IIITs, NITs, and GFTIs) on the basis of JEE Main scores. CSAB will be conducted separately for the three channels – CSAB NEUT (for North-Eastern states and Union Territories), CSAB UT (for supernumerary seats in the Union Territories), and CSAB SFTI (Self-financed technical institutes). In the previous session, CSAB for SFTI was not conducted due to less participating institutes. The registration process for the different channels of CSAB will open separately in online mode. The candidates will have to complete the registration procedure to participate in the allotment process. Choice filling according to preference also has to be done. The authorities will allow the registered candidates as per their JEE Main merit, preferences, and availability of seats. The seat allotment process of CSAB will be held separately for three channels of admissions. Read the full article to know more information about CSAB.
- CSAB NEUT (for the North Eastern States and Union Territories)
- CSAB SFTI (Self-Financed Technical Institutes)
- CSAB UT (Supernumerary Seats for Union Territory)
|Course||Tuition Fees||Hostel Fees (Gen)||Hostel Fees (SC/ST)|