Indian Institute of Petroleum & Energy
Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy (IIPE) is a Petroleum University established in 2016 at Visakhapatnam in the state of Andhra Pradesh. IIPE is declared as an Institution of National Importance by the Parliament with a Bill in 2017. The Institution offers UG courses in both Petroleum & Chemical Engineering branches.
The Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy (IIPE) Engineering is an Institute of National Importance at par with IITs and IIMs and enacted by Parliament under the Indian Institute of Petroleum & Energy Act, 2017 (No: 3 of 2018). It has started its operations in Visakhapatnam the state of Andhra Pradesh at AU College of Engineering as its temporary campus. Govt. of Andhra Pradesh has allotted 201.80 Acres of land at Vangali Village, Sabbavaram Mandal, Visakhapatnam where the permanent campus is going to come. IIPE is an autonomous institute under the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas, Govt. of India and backed by public sector Oil and Gas giant viz. HPCL, IOCL, ONGC, GAIL, OIL whose CEOs are on the Board of IIPE.
IIPE aims to be one of the top-ranked institutes at the National and International level in the Petroleum and Energy sector, research has the core activity.
IIPE has tied up with IIT-Guwahati (JEE Advanced 2016) for the selection of candidates for the academic session that began on August 01, 2016. Consequently tied up with IIT Madras for Academic Year 2017-18 and IIT Kanpur for the Academic Year 2018-19 for the selection of candidates. The students will be selected based on the JEE Advanced ranks. The Minister of State (I/C) for Petroleum & Natural Gas, Shri Dharmendra Pradhan launched the website of the Indian Institute of Petroleum & Energy (IIPE), Visakhapatnam on 27 May 2016.
Within a span of short time, IIPE entered into academic MoUs with Texas A & M University, USA and University of Houston, USA for research collaboration, faculty exchange, student internships etc.
- Chairman: K. GanapathyAyappa
- Vice- Chancellor: Prof. P. K. Banik
- Director: Prof. V. S. R. K. Prasad
- Registrar: Dr. B. Sridhar Reddy
Since its newly established Institution it doesn’t have any Accreditations by any authorities like NAAC. But the Institution has MOU with various Universities across Globe like IIT Kharagpur, Andhra University & University of Huston. There is an Academic MOU between Texas A & M University, USA & IIPE.
The university has been allotted 210 acres (85 ha) of land in Vangali Village near Sabbavaram Mandal, Vishakhapatnam. IIPE has collaborated with oil majors like HPCL, IOCL, ONGC, GAIL, OIL, OIDB, BPCL, and the Ministry of Industry and Commerce and with an academic mentorship from IIT-Kharagpur till 2019.
The first batch of Petroleum and Chemical Engineering commenced from the first week of August 2016. As of now the maximum intake capacity for each course is 60 seats.The Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy is offering two undergraduate courses viz. Petroleum Engineering and Chemical Engineering. The first batch for the academic session 2016-17 has commenced in the first week of August. Now two batches have been admitted and third batch admission of 2018-19 are in progress. The campus is fully loaded with laboratories, workshops, e-library and Wi-Fi access for all the students.
5.Campus Life @ IIPE
Campus life at IIPE is always exiting & interesting for every student. The institution though newly established has many events across the year for its students. Some of the prominent events are Annual Sports meet, Foundation day & Birth anniversary of Nethaji. Rules & regulations of the campus facilitates a peaceful life for students in the campus. Campus Counsellor Dr. Manasa Mallavarapu helps students to be ready for any academic or personal challenges.
IIPE currently offers Petroleum Engineering & Chemical Engineering courses only with primary focus on exploration & Production of Petroleum &Chemical products.
IIPE admits students into BTech through their ranks in IITJEE Advanced & their percentages in class XII / its equivalent exam.
1.Must have secured at least 75% aggregate marks in the Class XII (or equivalent) Board examination. The aggregate marks of SC, ST and PWD candidates should be at least 65%.
2. Must be within the category-wise top 20 percentile of successful candidates in their respective Class XII (or equivalent) board examination. The percentile calculation will be done for the required subjects in a single academic year only. The marks scored in the following five subjects will be considered for calculating the aggregate marks and the cut-off marks for fulfilling the top 20 percentile criterion (i) Physics, (ii) Chemistry, (iii) Mathematics, (iv) A language (if the candidate has taken more than one language, then the language with the higher marks will be considered), (v) Any subject other than the above four (the subject with the highest marks will be considered). For calculation of the total marks for five subjects, if the marks awarded in a subject is NOT out of 100, then the marks will be scaled (up or down) to 100 so that the total aggregate marks is out of
|JEE Mains Result Declaration||Last week of JAN & April|
|JEE Advanced Exam||3rd week of May|
|JEE Advanced Result Declaration||2nd week of June|
|Architect Aptitude Test (AAT)||2nd week of June|
|AAT Result Declaration||3rd week of June|
|Tentative Seat Allocation||4th week of June|
10.IITJEE Advanced Exam Pattern:
- Only the candidates who have cleared JEE mains are eligible for JEE Advanced.
- IIT JEE Advanced Exam is a Computer Based Test
- The test is conducted in a duration of 3 hours in two slots of the day& each slot has one paper to complete.
- The test has MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions), Numerical & list match sets.
- The test covers Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics Questions.
- The question paper will be in English & Hindi Languages.
- One of the most dynamic qualities about the exam pattern of JEE Advanced is that while the total number of questions always remains the same (54 questions for each paper), the total marks of the examination is open to change.
- The marks for the questions change with the type of the question & the section of the question.
11.Required Documents & Procedures for admission:
- All certificates (Pass Certificate, if any and Marks Sheets/ Grade Cards) for 10th Class and 12th Class.
2. Original Admit Card of JEE (Advanced) 2019 and Downloaded Score Card of JEE (Advanced) 2019.
3. Date of Birth proof (SSC / XII Certificate which contains the Date of Birth).
4. Provisional Seat Allotment Letter along with a copy of the application
5. Proof of payment of an advance fee for seat acceptance of Rs.30, 000 (for GEN, OBC) or Rs.20, 000 (for SC, ST).
6. Colour Passport Size and Stamp Size Photographs with white background (at least 12 numbers each).
7. Duly certified original medical report from Government Medical officer.
8. Caste Certificate (OBC / SC / ST), if applicable (Issued by competent authority).
9. Physical Disability certificate (if applicable) for PH candidates.
For students who do not produce the original testimonials or fail to pay the balance of the fee, their admission will be canceled and the seats shall be made open for the spot admissions;
Note: The originals will be returned after verification and self-attested copies will be retained at the Reporting Centre.
The application form of JEE Advanced will be released in online mode tentatively in the first week of May. Students who qualify in JEE Main 2020 and fulfill all other eligibility criteria as mentioned will be allowed to fill the application form. The following steps are involved in filling the application form,
Step 1 – Registration: Students have to register online at the JEE Advanced portal using their JEE Main Application Number and Password. After login, additional information and details have to be submitted.
Step 2 – Uploading Documents: Students have to upload mark sheets of class 10 and 12 and category certificate if applicable and other required documents.
Step 3 – Payment of Application Fees: Students need to pay the application fee after uploading photograph and signature.
|S. No.||Particulars of Fees||SC/ST/PwD||GE/OB (Annual Family Income <1 Lakh)||GE/OB (Annual Family Income >1 L but < 5 L)||GE/OB (Annual Family Income >=5 L)|
|1||Tuition Fee (Each Semester) *||0||0||25000||75000|
|2||Miscellaneous Fee (Annual) towards Admission Fee, Caution Deposit, Library Fee, Sports fee, Medical Insurance ** etc.,||5400||5400||5400||5400|
|1||Hostel Accommodation / Semester including Transport||25000||25000||25000||25000|
|2||Mess Charges||Initially Rs. 5000/- in advance to the Hostel Manager towards food expenses; thereafter Rs. 4732 /- approximately shall be paid per month subject to change on finalization of the facility|
A limited number of INSPIRE scholarships of Rs. 60000/- per year will be available for candidates admitted through JEE Advanced and SCB channels.
A total of 50 seats for each branch are allotted.