Bennett University Noida
Bennett University was established on 8th August 2016 by The Times Group Of India under UttarpradeshAct number 24 (Vide No 1402(2)/LXXIX-V-1-16-1(Ka)- 25-2016) of 2016. The University is a Private Interdisciplinary Research University located in Greater Noida, Uttarpradesh in National Capital Region India.
The university is a proud initiative of Bennet Coleman & Co Ltd. (BCCL) which was established 178 years ago aimed to serve the society with the aim of providing IVY League Quality of education to undergraduate and postgraduate students making them “life and career ready.” The university encourages a proactive environment of Innovation &Enterpreneurship while enhancing skills in all areas of higher education through the internationally acclaimed Centers of Excellence such as Centre for Innovation & Entrepreneurship (CIE) and Centre of Executive Education (CEE).
Chancellor: Mr. Vineet Jain MD (BCCL)
Vice- Chancellor: Dr.R.K.Shevgaonkar
President: Mr. Sachin Jain
Registrar: Col. Vijay Kumar
Dean (Engineering & Applied Sciences): Dr. Sudhir Chandra
Bennett University is UGC approved & follows all the norms of AICTE.
NAAC Accreditation is due in 2021.
The Bennett University has a completely residential 68 acre campus located at 10 Km distance from Pari Chowk landmark of Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh. The campus contains administrative and academic blocks (consisting of classrooms and labs), girls and boys hostels, and sports facility. It has a supercomputer (NVIDIA), purchased through a MoU between School of Engineering and Applied Sciences and NVIDIA
Bennett University offers exciting & inspirational campus life for its students by regularly engaging them in various events, workshops, Sports events etc.
Some of the major events of Bennett University are
- Uphoria– an annual cultural festival that embraces the university’s technological and cultural legacy and focusses on creating and revive the spirit of youth. It is a perfect mix of learning and entertainment. Each event will have participants in large numbers and enthusiastic supporters.
- Wall-e-ball, Futheros, Bennethon are sports events conducted inhouse.
- CXO Series: CXO series is a prestigious & periodic event where university invites industry leaders of different fields to interact and share their experiences.
So far, the following industry seniors have visited the campus.
- SamironGhoshal – Sr. Partner, KPMG
- Maneesh Sharma – Head of Strategy, Adobe India
- Suresh Naraynan – Chairman and MD, Nestle India
- Saugata Bhattacharya – Chief Economist, Axis Bank
- Bikram Singh Bedia – Director and Head of India, Amazon Web Services
- Ashima Goyal – Professor, IGIDR and member of PM Narendra Modi Economic Advisory
- Atul Suri – Associate VP – HR and Communication, Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- DP Singh – VP and HR Head, IBM India/South Asia
- R. Sukumar – Founder and CEO, Optimal Strategix Group Inc
- Aditya Chaudhri – MD – Communication, Media and Technology, Accenture India
Clubs & Societies: University has an active student life and provides ample opportunities to students with varied interests to participate in different activities and events organized by these clubs from time to time. Few active clubs are Alexis Club Nomads club, Astronomy club, ISSAC club, Robotics Club, BU Pulse, and SPIC MACAY among others.
Bennett University has tied up with following international institutions for curriculum design, guest lectures by visiting faculty, immersion programs, and other academic support.
- Georgia Institute of Technology, U.S.
- Cornell University LawSchool, U.S.
- Johnson Cornell University, U.S.
- Babson Global, U.S.
- edX, U.S.
6. Courses Offered
The University has 4 schools and 2 centers on its campus. It offers Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Ph.D. programs in the areas of Engineering, Management, Law, and Media. The medium of instruction is English.
7.School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
The school of Engineering and Applied Sciences offers BTech programs in association with Georgia Institute of Technology, U.S. The specializations Computer Science Engineering, Electronics &Communications Engineering, Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, Civil Engineering, Biotechnology, Bioinformatics and Engineering Physics. Admission is based on either JEE Mains or SAT scores for all applicants.
SEAS also offers Ph.D. programs in all its disciplines. The admission to the PhD program is held through a written and interview-based admission test held twice a year.
The school currently has the following departments:
- Department of Computer Science Engineering
- Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Department of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Physics
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Biotechnology
School of Management
The School of Management offers the following three programs:
Both BBA and MBA programs are in academic association with Johnson Cornell University, U.S.
School of Law
- 5 years BA-LLB (Hons)
- 5 years BBA-LLB (Hons)
Both programs are in academic collaboration with Cornell Law School, U.S.
School of Media and Liberal Arts
The School of Media and Liberal Arts is an interdisciplinary professional school and offers following programs:
BA Journalism & Mass Communication
- Date of Birth Certificate
- 12th class mark list
- JEE Admit card & Rank Card
- Application fee Receipt.
- Application Fee – Rs.1000 to be paid either online or through DD
- Class 12 exam/ equivalent exam with 60% marks in mandatory subjects as Maths, Physics & Chemistry.
- JEE Mains appearance & qualified for BTech course.
- Score in SAT exam for BTech course.
|Start date of Application||3rd week of December|
|Last date of Application||1st week of May|
|Application fee payment||3rd week of June|
|Counselling session||1st week of July|
|Classes commence||3rd week of July|
11.JEE Mains Pattern
- JEE Main has two papers, Paper-1 and Paper-2.
- Candidates may opt for either or both of them. Both papers contain multiple-choice questions (MCQ).
- From January 2020 an additional Paper – 3 is being introduced for B.Planning courses separately. However, there are different modes for different papers.
- E. /B. Tech. in “Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only.
- Arch: Mathematics- Part I and Aptitude Test-Part II in “Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only and Drawing Test –Part III in “Pen & Paper Based” (offline) mode to be attempted on drawing sheet of A4 size.
- JEE Mains is conducted in two languages – English &Guajarati.
- Every Correct answer carries 4 marks & every wrong answer takes -1 mark.
- JEE Mains is conducted twice a year once in January & again in April.
- Planning: Mathematics- Part I, Aptitude Test-Part II and Planning Based Questions-Part III in “Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only.
|Subject||No of Questions||Marks|