Central Universities Common Entrance Test, CUCET is a national entrance exam conducted once a year. This Common entrance exam is conducted & regulated by 10 central universities for admission for various programmes of UG, PG & other courses offered in 120 cities across India. A consortium of 14 Central Universities of Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Gujarat, Haryana, Jammu, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kashmir, Kerala, Mahatma Gandhi (Bihar), Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Punjab and South Bihar established by an Act of Parliament and the Bangalore Dr. B.R. Ambedkar School of Economics (BASE) registered under the Karnataka Societies Registration Act, jointly organize a combined CENTRAL UNIVERSITIES COMMON ENTRANCE TEST (CUCET) every year. CUCET is coordinated by Central University of Rajasthan every year. These Central Universities offer various UG, PG & PhD courses for the applicants.
|Exam Conducting body||Central University of Rajasthan|
|Frequency of exam||Once a year|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Mode of Application||Online / Offline|
|Language of Exam||English/ Bengali|
|Mode of Counselling||Online|
|Participating Colleges||14 CUs & BASE|
|Score Weightage for admission||Written test – 60%, Interview – 40%|
- Age : 19 Years Max
- Nationality: Indian/NRI/OCI/PCB
- Qualifying Exam: 12th Class/ Equivalent exam/ IB
- Minimum Marks of Qualifying Exam in 12th class: General -50%, SC/ST- 45%.
- Direct Admission: Any candidates who have cleared UGC-CSIR JRF, GATE, NBHM or qualified in any other national level examination, they need not appear for the entrance test. However, the candidate will have to register for CUCET 2020.
4.Documents required for CUCET Exam
- Copy of down loaded application form
- Copy of ID proof
- Copy of fee payment receipt
- CUCET is a Paper Based Test
- The test has English & Bengali languages as its Medium of Instruction.
- The test duration would be 2 Hrs / 120 Minutes
- The test analyzes the student’s ability in
Section- 1- Mathematical aptitude, analytics, English
Section-2- Domain Knowledge ( Subjects of their Intermediate)
- The test has all Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) with 4 options out of which one is correct.
Questions & Marks:
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks per Question||Total Marks|
|Section-1 English, Aptitude, General awareness, Analytical||25||1||25|
|Negative Marks||0.25/ wrong answer||0||00.25/ wrong answer|
|Online Application Starts||3rd week of March 2020|
|Last date for online Registration||2nd week of April 2020|
|Issue date of Admit card||2nd week of May 2020|
|Exam Commencement Dates||4th week of May 2020|
|Result Declaration||3rd week of June 2020|
|Counseling||Mid of July 2020|
CUCET has conducted in around 80 centers all over the country. Candidates will have the option to choose 2 preferred centers at the time of applying out of which the best possible will be allocated to the candidates. If any center opted by only a few students, it will be automatically canceled. The students opted for the closed/canceled center will be allocated with the closest center.
8.CUCET Participating Universities
|Names of Universities||Codes||Total Number of Seats*|
|Central University of Odissa||CUO||NA|
|Central University of Haryana||CUHAR||1475|
|Central University of Punjab||CUPUN||853|
|Central University of Jammu||CUJAM||864|
|Central University of Kashmir||LUKAS||838|
|Central University of South Bihar||CUSBR||1115|
|Central University of Jharkhand||CUJHD||782|
|Central University of Karnataka||CUKNK||631|
|Central University of Rajasthan||CURAJ||1030|
|Central University of Kerala||CUKER||1009|
|Central University of Tamil Nadu||CUTND||1119|
|Central University of Gujarat||CUGUJ||660|
|Central University of Andhra Pradesh||CUAPH||195|
|Assam University, Silchar||CUASM||78|
|Mahatma Gandhi University, Bihar||CUMGB||495|
|Bangalore Dr B R Ambedkar School of Economics (BASE)||BASE||50|
Any candidate who fulfills all the eligibility criteria can apply for the exam in online mode/ Offline mode
|Category||Online payment||Offline payment|
|General / OBC||800||850|
The online application form for CUCET 2020 can be filled at https://www.cucetexam.in/ and pay the application fees online.
Filling up Application Form:
The steps to fill the online CUCET Application Form are as follows:
1) Registration: Register at the official website to apply for CUCET 2020 by entering Name, Date of Birth, Email ID, and the Phone number. The details Email ID & Phone number entered once cannot be changed. The User ID and Password will be sent to the registered email ID of the candidates. The Offline application can be downloaded from the site to fill.
2) Login: Post receiving the login credentials, log in to their accounts to fill the CUCET 2020 application form.
3) Filling the application form: Fill in all the mandatory details in CUCET 2020 application form. Candidate can select up to 3 Participating Universities (PUs) & 3 Courses in the application form.
4) Uploading Scanned Documents: Candidates must upload a Scanned Photograph in a .jpeg format in a file whose size is between 20 to 50 KB only and dimensions should be 200 x 230 pixels (preferred). Then candidates must upload a scanned signature of the candidates in .jpeg format with a file size between 5 to 20 KB only and dimensions should be 140 x 60 pixels (preferred). Next, candidates need to select two preferred CUCET 2020 exam centers which are convenient.
5) Review: The entire filled application can be reviewed before submitting
5) Payment of Application Fee: Make the e-payment by net banking/credit/debit card. And take the printout of filled-in CUCET 2020 application form for further reference.
6) Declaration certificate: A declaration has to be given to know that a candidate has entered the right information.
The offline form can be obtained by downloading the application form available on the official website.
Link to Apply for SRMJEE:
- Online applications can be applied through https://www.cucetexam.in/
- Offline application can be applied by down loading the application from the site.
1.Can I correct my contact details in the application form?
Yes. Details once submitted either online can be changed.
2. What is the minimum age limit for applying CUCET?
Candidate must be under 19 years to apply CUCET.
3. What is the relaxation given to SC/ST candidates?
5% of relaxation in the 12th class marks is given to SC/ST candidates
4. How many CUCET participating universities can I choose in my application form?
You can choose a maximum number of three of their preferred CUCET 2020 participating universities while filling out the application form online.
5. What is the total number of seats allocated to students participating in CUCET?
Total number of 11,174 seats allocated across 14 central universities & BASE in India.3